Thursday, March 4, 2010

Hauler Parade!

Hauler Parade! A hauler parade is a continuous line of all the haulers that haul the race cars all over the country to all the races!

So we find out that the hauler parade is on Las Vegas Boulevard, going down the strip and then getting on the freeway and ending up at the Speedway! It's at night this year so they could have more fans to watch it, at least the ones who work during the day, banker hours! It started at Russell Road and went down the strip to Sahara and got on I-15 freeway and exited Speedway Blvd. I decided that I would go to Speedway Blvd and take pictures with my husband in agreement. He didn't get to watch it this year because he was still working at his second job. Of course two days later was his last day!

The parade started at 6pm and I was waiting and waiting. 6:30pm rolls by nothing yet! Finally at 6:50pm here comes the parade! OMG! Horns were blaring! Sirens going! I had tears in my eyes! I was so excited, I almost peed my pants! I was jumping up and down and felt like a little kid! I took pictures of every hauler that came by. And hats off to the drivers of the haulers who saw me and slowed down so I could get the pictures! Not every driver slowed down but it was awesome for the ones that did!

It lasted about 7 minutes! 64 haulers came down Speedway Blvd and I got pictures of every one of them!! A few drivers didn't participate in the hauler parade including my husbands driver Matt Kenseth!

So if the hauler parade comes to your town be there! It is an awesome sight to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment