Sunday, January 31, 2010

Do you remember when....?

Do you remember the 1986 Challenger explosion? I do, I was just 13 years old and in 8th grade, junior high. There was a TV brought into our English class so we could see the launch. And just like millions of other people we watched the Challenger blow up. I thought that it was so cool for a teacher to be going to space and it surely would have opened the door wide on civilians going to space.



As I look back on that day, I tend to think that it was a conspiracy. Yes I said it! Because if the mission was a success then civilians would be able to go up. We took 10 steps back when Challenger blew up. And today we are still behind and not where we should be. I don't want to take away from the astronauts that died, either. They believed in something and they died for that belief. We as Americans would have pushed for everybody to go up. And maybe as Americans we should today.



Anyway January 29 was Remembrance Day. NASA also remembers the crew members in the Apollo 1 fire in 1967 and the break up of Columbia's re-entry in 2003. All three accidents occurred during the last week in January or early February.


My husband believes that this post is too provocative...what do you think?

Is this a coincidence or conspiracy? You be the judge! I'm still sticking with conspiracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment